New Beginnings: Part 2
So today has been a rough day. We all slept a little late (8am) and I spent about 3 good hours working with my kids and on my daily list. By 12:15, I was headed back to bed. Nick has been sick today and I'm especially tired and weak. That burst of energy is yet to appear. I was hoping to be off all the reflux meds by now but I think I'll be on them for the long haul. Everything is taking so much effort. But one thing I desired is occurring. I'm beginning to relax about things. That Type A personality is waining.
I'm not so concerned about the details. I'm allowing my children to work more on their own, and grow in their own industry. And I have a healthy baby growing inside - that I am especially anxious to meet, we all are. I also have hope for the year ahead. God is shaping our family through these momentary trials, and I think we will be more mature and joyful on the back end.
Now that I'm past 16 weeks, we're all looking to 20, when we'll (God willing), find out the sex of this baby. Technology is amazing. To think, we'll be able to call this baby by name before it's even born.
I am so thankful for our church family. Each person I speak to has been so encouraging and just as excited as we are. That makes up for not having family close by. I feel very supported and loved. God is kind.

1 comment:
When that burst of energy calls, tell him to come by my house too! Coffee and phone calls with friends seems to be the only cleaning tool I have.
Effort? Um, yeah. That's when you and I even have the strength for ANY effort... hehehe.
I am excited for our babies to be friends and I'm so excited for you.
Post a Comment