Wednesday, January 14, 2009

School Room Mania

So it's now week 20 in our school year. I was thinking how quickly it has flown. I think that is because we are so busy that we haven't stopped to smell the daisies, but, interesting enough, we can't help but smell the fish (from our science fair project). Yup, every time we head toward the basement, we start a gagging reflex due to the partially mummified fish waiting to come out of their baggies to be weighed in.

The other reason that it seems to have flown, is that we've been so busy that the normal "routine" items that usually occur on a regular basis are only happening in spurts now. You know, the things I would never neglect in the past, like toilets. So my bathroom has only been cleaned when things begin to grow, floors vacuumed only when we can't decide if it's carpet fuzz or Anthony laying there. A good friend once told me, "If you just keep the big things picked up, no one will notice the dirt." Well, officially, I can tell you that is just not true. When the spots on the floor begin to blend into a pebble motif, it's time to put the schoolwork down, or borrow a dog or...something.

We hope to get back to normal soon- only, I'm not sure what that is. Now that I'm feeling a little better, maybe it will all come back. The good news is, we only have 16 weeks to go! We're all looking for the summer break. I think I'll really take one this year! Mom-mom, can I come live with you? :)

No comments: